Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The consequence


I was shocked to find out that Walter gave the money for the down payment away. Now since most of the family knows that the money is gone and Walter was scammed I am so curious to find out what is going to happen next. I wonder if Walters family is going to be able to move into the new house in the end. I think that Mama should not let Walter move into the new house after pulling this sort of scam. Even though Walter was trying to better his family with the investment in his liquor store, his impulsive behavior got to the best of him. Walter needs to straighten out and take responsibility for his actions. I hope that all of Walters frustration does not build up and cost his family more complications then they already have. Hopefully Walter will learn from this mistake and start trusting Mama and Ruth more. This scam could start a new beginning for him. If they do still move into the new house then maybe Walter will be more cautious with money and fully think out all of his possibilities before making a decision. Moving to this new house could spark a new side in Walter. I think this is just what his family needs to get back on track. I hope everything works out for their family in the end and they still move into the new house.

2 comments:

  1. I think that Walter will learn from his mistakes and that this should have definitely taught him a lesson. I think that giving the money to a random guy that is supposedly going to help you out with a liquor store was not a very smart decision. This is pretty obvious considering the outcome. I also put some of the blame onto Walter's friend Bobo since he knew what Walter was doing and agreed to help him out anyway. Walter definitely did the wrong thing and should regret it. His family now has to work really hard for the money he lost just because he was trying to complete a dream he had wanted to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Walter will learn to realize his consequential behavior. The dynamic of the family would definitely change if the Youngers moved to the new Clybourne Park house, but I think that the struggles they went through would never leave them. The difficulties they faced would shape their life. Looking to the future of the Younger family after the end of the play, I think that they will learn to become happier, but the stress of life in a white, richer community would probably cause even more issues. I think life would be worse for them in the new house, because they would be facing racial discrimination along with great economic strain that would affect Walter and Mama the most. But nobody can know for sure with these characters; after all, I would have never believed that Walter would have tried to create a better life for his family by appealing to wants other than his own.

    ReplyDelete